can't get out of Park

I have a 1995 Ford F150 extended cab pick up truck. My ABS light starting flashing. (it flashes 16 times) which in my Ford manual says it is nothing major. I parked the truck in my driveway and now can not get it out of park. Anyone had any similar problems with this. I have taken apart the sterring shaft and think that maybe the problem. I do not believ that it is the transmission. We have checked that.

Reply to
roxyomary

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:19:31 -0700, roxyomary rearranged some electrons to form:

Are the brake lights working?

Reply to
David M

here's a site with some info on possibly your problem

the entry from 'newcat' bottom of the page last paragraph>

Reply to
samstone

Your stop lamp fuse is blown.

Reply to
Steve Barker

turn the key to the unlock (not on) position, take the vehicle out of park, put it in neutral, then start it. Then go get a fuse

Reply to
Steve Barker

Thanks everyone who responded. It was the fuse. After a days working on it, ripping apart things and replacing 2 new parts that I didn't need. Live and learn. Even called the dealership and they couldn't tell me.

Reply to
roxyomary