F150: Model Diffs?

My Suburban's roof has rusted through.... so I'm shopping.

Thinking about a used F150 this time around:

- SuperCrew

- 6.5' bed

- 4wd

- Steering column-mounted gearshift

- No center console

But I'm a little boggled by all the models.

So far, I've doped out that "XL" is a more basic trim/accessory package and "XLT" is the more elaborate package.

But what about:

- Lariat

- STX

- Raptor

- Just plain F150

I'm guessing "STX" and "Raptor" are out of my league and/or have center consoles.

"Just plain F150" is probably a typo/omission, right?

That leaves "Lariat"... and I've seen a few used ones that look promising. Is "Lariat" a variation on "XL" or "XLT"... or is it maybe a step below like Chevy's "Work Truck".

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)