Ford Bronco and Ford Bronco II question?

I know that Ford Bronco's made in the 1960's and early 1970's are very valuable and collectable now but are Ford Bronco II's made in the1980's becoming collectable too?

The prices on ebay for the Bronco II models are nowhere's near as high as the older ones.

I want a Bronco but not sure which one to get. I know they made larger Bronco's too but these don't interest me at all.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

The original Bronco was one of the three best off road vehicles made, I rate it second, Jeep CJ being first, and the ugly as sin International Scout being third.

The Bronco II had a better rear hatch design ie more useable space than the Chevy S-10 Blazer with its slopped back window. But that was the only good thing about it. The only off road vehicles I ever drove that where more unstable than the Bronco II where the M151 series military jeeps, and the Suzuki Samurai. The 2.8 V-6 used in early models was a horrible engine. The later 2.9 much better. Lots of problems with the all in one clutch slave/throw out bearing assembly leaking. Nothing like having to pull a transfer case and tranny to change a clutch slave.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

About any good or restored condition 1960s or 70s car ar going to be expensive compared to newer "old" cars that are still many on the road.

I liked the design of the Bronco II. Short wheel base 2 door design seemed rugged. It doesn't fit in to the 4 door kid haullers of today.

John

Reply to
JohnR66

I'd say the wrecking yards have done a real good job of collecting most of them. The 2.8 nor the 2.9 engines were any good. These engines had serious head cracking problems. Try to find a good used head, you can't. Been there and done that. Ron

Reply to
R&B

Reply to
SnoMan

I can agree with that, but when you take servicing and finding parts into consideration, that's when the scout falls to third.. If by "bronco too" you mean the bronco II, I will again agree.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Yes parts are getting scarce for Scouts but they still can be had for them (just like for old full sized Jeep P/U and Cherokees) because there was and still is a lot of tuff old IH engines in use and they used sturdy spicer drive line parts too and used 727 torque flite's for many years too in automatic ones and the 727 was a tuff old bird too. I never even ever considered the Bronco 2 a real viable 4x4. Back in late 80's they hammered the Suzuki for a tendance to roll in a consumer reports tests. The Bronco 2 did far worse in those same tests but Ford had the money to keep it quiet. The older fullsize Bronco's were pretty fair vehicles with the very first version being the best of the bunch.

Reply to
SnoMan

I've been looking for something to take the place of my B II for daily driving.. I've seen *nothing* in the articulated toads that pass for smaller "SUVs" that I could live with.

Reply to
nobody <"" spam.info