Jet Truck photos

The lug nut covers are made in my son's machine shop. The Ranger videos will be posted another day. Feel free to browse my Flickr pages:

1D10T

If you don't stop posting your SPAM I'm sure that *everybody* will be filing formal complaints to your ISP.

No one, at least as far as I can see, gives a rat's ass about a truck that does nothing but belch smoke and not go.

Reply to
PeterD

And who gives a rat's ass about your opinion? Yawn

Reply to
1D10T

For a guy who says he's trying to build a fan base, you are doing a bang up job of that! Snort...

Reply to
PeterD

Diesel wrote. I was bored and looked at his pics. I've come to the conclusion that his jet truck is a sham. Or he's was just clueless about his engine choice when he bought it. he dont have money to build one right. hes living with the engine choice mistake. He bought a surplus F5 engine which is underpowered for his truck. A lot underpowered. I can't say how much . Because I dont know how much the truck weighs. But the thrust to weight ratio can be used to figure acceleration speeds. I can guess its

50% to 80% underpowered. Based on the thrust of other drag jet trucks engines . It would be ok in a light funny car maybe. But he needs a much larger engine for the weight he's trying to move in a quarter mile. I doubt he could get much past 130 in a quarter mile. Im thinking he should accelerate like an airliner. Not a dragster. They dont let drivers open them engines up. They dont want compressor blades flying through the crowds. And they arent required to maintain them for full power runs. He's just kinda screwed unless he gets a much larger surplus engine. He's pretty much got a truck that needs to be at Bonneville salt flats to have enough room to get up to some unknown speed. He doesnt have any choice but to blow smoke and fire and waste gas. It wont do 300mph runs with that engine in a quarter mile. Maybe not even a mile or even at all.
Reply to
None4U

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:48:31 -0400, None4U rearranged some electrons to say:

Uh oh, now you've done it. IDIOT will now write that the truck's questionable "sponsor" doesn't allow him to tell you any details, and that you're stupid for not knowing that.

Reply to
david

Not only that but that there is no question it will do 300 MPH!

I also looked very carefully at that engine in his shots (limited as they are) and my realization was that is a tiny engine, with very limited thrust. Then again, WTF do I know, I know IDIOT will simply tell me how stupid I am...

Reply to
PeterD

Sponsor is pointless. Sponsors give funds to everyone who races . not just the fastest.

Maybe, but has it done it yet??

Your engine shots are useless. I just looked to verify you have an F5 engine or the commercial civilian derivative is what it looks like really. With no afterburner. The specs of the engine are well known. Nothing in your pictures matter . Except trying to figure the weight of your truck.

I know how much thrust the F5 engine puts out . With or without afterburner and at take off power and military power and at partial settings. And it was a lot more in an F5 with afterburner then it is in your truck. All I need to know is how much your truck weighs. Get somebody else to figure its drag coefficient. And rolling resisrtance. Then I can figure out its acceleration rate in X amount of feet , or yards or quarter mile mile. Its not rocket science.

Reply to
None4U

Which model of the CJ610 or J85 do you have.......... Idiot.

Reply to
None4U

I guess he took his, underpowered , pretty useless , overweight, money pit , toy and went home . I went and asked my Aviation mechanic buddies who actually work on GE CJ610 learjet engines . Which is all it is. And its got about 2000- 3000 lbs of thrust at full power in a lear 23 aircraft. The F5 version has about 5000 lbs of thrust at full afterburner at mach speed. The truck cant have or use afterburner or full power . Because the engine isnt maintained to aircraft standards and might blow apart and kill people. So its in the 2000lb thrust range . And they think if the trucks over 2000-3000 lbs it dont have a chance to do 300 mph. Theres a jet truck doing the airshow circuit. And its got 3 J79 engines on it and those are at least 17,000 lbs of thrust each and its got three on it.

Shockwave has 18 times the power and holds the record at just 357 mph. With 18 times the power. Theres one with a J57 which is 5 times more power. And gets to about 260. Prairee Gold has a J60 engine which is almost the same thrust A( little more) and gets to 250mph.

Reply to
None4U