98 B4000 (RWD 5spd) Brake Bleed Nipple Replacements

1st try they are rusted and can't turn. Spray some lube to loosen and will try in a few days. Is there a "replacement kit" of 4 nipples I can use as I fear that on trying to loosen the OEMs they'll get damaged.
Reply to
ndccpf1

A replacement kit of 4? Well, you can buy one four times all day long.

I would be worried that they are going to twist off about flush with your caliper, leaving you to drill and tap to replace them. Too bad manufacturer didn't put a dab of grease on them when they put them in.

Reply to
Scott

This, and if the bleed screws are rusted what shape are the calipers and hoses in? I'd price out calipers/wheel cylinders and new hoses, might save you a lot of trouble and you'll end up with better braking to boot. IIRC the last time I was presented with this issue a new caliper for my GTI was less than $30, although that was quite a few years ago. Is your time extracting the busted off bleed screw worth $30?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

So I bought 4 new bleeder screws at the dealer since one front screw was fine. Appears this model uses the same screw all around ( I have

10" rears as the 9" rears use a different bleeder screw). Well you were right...even after using Liguid Wrench since last week, the nipple snapped off flush to base plate (no fluid leaked out since it never turned). Drilling out will cause more trouble for the truck @ 170,000 miles. It now appears I have to remove the whole rear wheel assembly just to repair it.
Reply to
ndccpf1