Tire size advice needed please? (1988 Bronco II )

I have a 1988 Ford Bronco II.

Original tires are worn out.

I have 4 very good tires size 245-70-15. They seem a little bit too big though.

Can these be safely mounted on my original 15 inch Bronco II steel wheels?

Or should I just buy original size new 215-75-15 tires?

thanks

Reply to
Tom Levigne

215-75-15:

Sidewall - 161.2mm Radius - 351.8mm Diameter - 703.5mm Circumference - 2210.1mm Revs/km - 452.0

245-70-15:

Sidewall - 171.5mm Radius - 362.0 mm Diameter - 724.0mm Circumference - 2274.5mm Revs/km - 440.0

Not a whole lot of difference in size.. Speedo will be a tad off tho... The 245s are roughly an inch larger in diameter, and 2.5 inches larger in circumference. Should fit ok.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Wow, thanks for this info Other Kevin! TL

"The OTHER Kev>

Reply to
Tom Levigne

They might wear a bit quicker in the center of tread verses the edges but they will work. They will slow the vehical down some though because of the increased tire diameter and increased rolling resistance from wider tires.

Reply to
SnoMan

Also remember that actual tire size will vary with brand and they may still wear funny and a narrow rim and may have a few handling quirks on your broncos front end design together with its short wheel base.

Reply to
SnoMan