what tool do I need to change filter?

what tool do I need to change the fuel filter on my '93 F-150? I just ran two tankfuls with Techron through it and now I see that the filter appears to be one of those "special tool" deals...

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

There is a pair of plastic tools that you force into the small space between the fuel line and the filter inlet and outlet ports. these plastic tools will spread the metal tangs (fingers) that are gripping a ridge on the end of the fuel lines. The cost for the pair of tools is about $5.50, but you can not get the filter off without them, unless you are willing to cut the fuel lines and replace the cut portions with hoses -- which will cost about the same as buying the tools.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland