1993 Buick Skylark stalls when hot

I was just given the above mentioned skylark from my father in law It's got the 3.3l in it and the body is in excellent shape. It also has approx 85000
miles or 136000kms There were 2 problems when I got it. 1) when it rained you ended up with a bathtub in the footwells.. I fixed that at the firewall seam 2) when it's hot and you let off the gas it runs really rough and stalls. You stop, put it in park and it starts up right away but quite rough, then as soon as you put it in gear it stalls
After about 20 minute to half an hour it will run fine again A mechanic I know but not very well says it could be the module attached to the coil pack. Does that sound possible or if not are there any suggestions
Thanks Eric
I think I would disconnect the egr and drive and see if the symptoms are gone. Then post back. Could also be the tcc not unlocking in the trans, when you put it back in gear when the car has stalled can you keep it running by giving some throttle as you put in drive?

-
Shep wrote:

Hello Shep, I don't think the 3.3 has an egr. At least mine doesn't. Paul.
that sounds like it could be possible. the coil pack gets hot and shorts out. the other i was told because i have a 92 and it is idling rough is the throttle positioning sensor or map sensor. hope this helps you. sencerly yours nitemare 75
Hi all,
Thanks for all your response but I found the problem when I took it apart.. It was a bad ground. The underside of the module had some serious amounts of corrosion and the three little contact squares had some major glazing on them.. I scraped off the corrosion, polished it up with some scotch brite padds and it runs like a champ now

Eric wrote:

Check in order: Bad coil. Bad coils. Bad ign. module. Bad crank sensor.