Caddy misses & stalls when hot

Uncle Chuck's car.

1991 Cadillac Brougham 5.7V8 - RWD. (chevy engine ). 68,000 miles or so.

Car misses & stalls when it gets hot. Usually happens if you drive more than 40 + miles. Temp light doesn't come on.

Sometimes it will stall after it gets hot, when you restart it may start right back up, but will run, but miss and have no power. Sometimes it will crank a long time before starting.

Sometimes the car may go a few days with no problems. Uncle says this problem has been happening for quite awhile now.

Any Hot running Issues on this engine?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,525 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Crank trigger flakin' out? I don't know if it even has crank timing, but if it did, that's what I would suspect first.

Reply to
Joe

HF, Since we're talking non-Pontiacs anyway.... I had vehicle do all that with a bad cat-con. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Non- Pontiac's ?! Oops wrong NG.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,703 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face