1995 Astro ECM1 Fuse Blowing

Good morning, I have a 1995 Astro 4.3. The PCM fuse popped a few days ago...which of course also powers the Fuel Pump Circuit. I have good factory wiring
diagrams on this... I am not sure where to start troubleshooting...My instinct is to power up the Fuel Pump Circuit direct from the battery with a 5 or 10 amp fuse and see if that fuse pops before the PCM fuse...
Before I start cutting wires and heading off on the wrong path...I thought I would ask you experts if you have any suggestions based on your experience which might be a common fault with this circuit that I should check... Thanks, Cory
Learn to use a multimeter to check for shorts. Applying power is a sure way to destroy other circuits.

Hi Woody, Thanks for the advice but I think you need clarification on what I am doing....
Firstly I am describing the problem with a fuse blowing on the PCM which disables the Fuel Pump. All I am asking before I start diving into the PCM connector plugs looking for shorts or other wiring problems is an opinion from this group of any experiences with this problem and the first place to check...This might save a lot of troubleshooting if someone knows of a common problem on these vehicles that I can try first.
Secondly, I am not about to go indiscrimately powering up circuits. I know better. What I had said is that I am likely going to power up the Fuel Pump Circuit with a separate fused jumper to see if the PCM fuse still blows...If it blows with the Fuel Pump being separately fused...then it is not likely the fuel pump. If the fuel pump fuse pops...than I can start looking in that circuit...probably closing in on a fuel pump problem...
So in effect...I am just simply asking some advice on the best place to look...
Cory .

Steve N wrote:

Hi...
Not a mechanic, just an old long retired electrical guy, so take what I say with a grain of salt...
Having forewarned you, I doubt very much that you're going to learn anything at all of value by powering your pump separately. If you still feel compelled to try it, I'd rather you try disconnecting the pump instead - and see if your pcm still blows it's fuse.
Take care.
Ken