1st Trans Oil / Filter Change

Well I did the first Trans Oil & Filter Change on the Park Avenue on Friday.
The reusable oil pan gasket came off in one piece and was reused. So far
no leaks.
Bottom of the pan was clean. Just a little of the greyish goo around the magnet was present.
A tupperware storage container was used as a drain pan. I hope I can find a slightly larger pan to drain oil into, this one is just barely bigger than the trans pan.
I siphoned out 5 - 7 quarts of oil through the dipstick tube at the end of April, refilled with fresh oil, then did it again about two weeks ago. My uncle used this method on his car too.
I didn't check them closely but I think the oil pan bolts are aluminum.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend
harryface 05 Park Avenue 38,533 91 Bonneville 306,619
On Sun, 28 May 2006 11:36:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

How much oil came out when you drained it the 'normal' way ? OR did you not ?
it was around 7 quarts that went in once the pan & filter were put back on. I siphoned out most of it before dropping the pan. This time the hose got caught on the top of the filter & didn't makeit down to the bottom of the pan.
harryface