2000 Grand Am GT Brakes

I just replaced the front and rear brake Pads and rotors when I went to apply the brakes the peddle was softer then when I changed them, any suggestions why
Mike
Check the brake fluid level and bleed the system. I always bleed the system each time I am doing my brake and never had problem.

Did you break in the pads and rotors? New rotors and pads usually feel a little softter until you break them in. 20 or so stops from 50km/h with moderate pedal pressure. Allowing breaks to cool between stops. Other people also do progressive hard stops starting at 20km/h, then 50km/h, 70km/h etc etc etc. Again allowing breaks to cool between stops.
Steve

Bleed the brakes and I also did the hard stops and seems to be okay Thanks