2000 La Sabre. Where's the chirp?

Hello. Seems I'm having trouble changing modes of my door locks. I want to have the horn chirp to notify of lock and unlocked status, but I'm having no luck. Manual calls for the ignition to be on, lock button
held, and trunk button to be used to toggle . All I get is an open trunk. What's going on here? Thanks.
--
J Wald

"Outside of a dog, a book is mans' best friend.
Better then I have been able to do. I tried to program my keyless remote but found out it was broke. Now my open trunk wont work. I posted but no one has responded.