93 Buick La Sabre

Just replaced a lug bolt and nut on my 93 Buick La Saber (new tires and they broke it off). It has 151,000 miles on it. I notice a small amount of grease around the wheel area. I investigated and found the rubber boot on the drive shaft has a clamp missing where it attaches to the wheel assembly. Is it possible to fill this with more grease and replace the boot or just the clamp?

Tim

Reply to
Tim or Linda

In theory you can just put on a new clamp if that's really all that's wrong. Whether you can physically do it on that model without taking the shaft out, I can't say. GW

Tim or Linda Just replaced a lug bolt and nut on my 93 Buick La Saber (new tires and they

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

It appears I can get a new clamp on it but what about filling it with grease what kind do I get and how do I get it inside. Or should I just replace the whole thing.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

I've never had to replace mine. It looks like you might be able to get a hose clamp on it. I do know they sell boot kits - but I don't know if grease comes with it.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,488 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

When you buy a boot it comes with a litle packet of grease (like a big ketchup packet) and clamps. I don't suppose I'd go to that trouble though if it's not clicking and it never dried out inside. Just pull back the boot and scoop a dalop of bearing grease in there then seal it up with a new clamp. This is advice is for ones OWN car only, not for payed repair work with liabilities involved. GW

Tim or Linda It appears I can get a new clamp on it but what about filling it with grease

Reply to
Geoff Welsh