700R4 stuck in park.

I have a 90 chevy pickup w/a 700R4 that is stuck in park. I have had this happen before and it is not the linkage it is in the tranny its self. I took it to a shop the first time it happened and they told me it that the little paw? that selects the gears went past park and was hung. They charged me $200 to fix it and I was wondering if you seen this before and what is the fix to the problem w/o me spending another $200? for labor again?.

Reply to
Dave 305