93 Cavelier Rain Leak

93 Cavalier Wagon. Wifes Car. Whenever it rains, water ... Lots of it.. appears first in the right rear floor and then spreads through the car floor. We have tried poring water down the windows and no
sign of leaking..We also poured water down the front vents, and windshield. Nothing here. Car is parked in the rain so its not coming from underneath. (I hope) Anyone else with this problem solved it??

Hate to say it but it's worth a look under the car. The floor boards in these cars of that vintage do start rotting out.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

out.The one thing to check there are 4 gage holes 2 front and 2 aprox. in the center of the foot well about 2 X 4 inches in size, that have a cover plate that has a sealer applied that could be leaking but it would be rare, can see these from the underside of car so you dont have to remove the carpet. i think it could be comming from around the door seals

Yes they do - quite commonly, especially in snow country.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Try pouring water down the air vents in front of the windshield.
Duh. He tried pouring water in the front vents already.
By all means look underneath and inspect the floor pans. Galvanized doesn't mean much beyond a few years when salt action works on it. If it has a roof rack, those mounting holes can leak. The roof has an inner layer of metal. Water that leaks through from the top or into rusty places around the window moldings will end up diverted to the sides and can run down to the floor.