95 Grand Prix sag in the rear end

I know, there's a lot of smart comments to be made...
But do these cars have any common failure that will cause a 'sag' in the back end? I'm starting to sit pretty low, so I think something let loose.
Thing is, I can't get it to a shop till later in the week.
Mike
Spring broken one possibilty, get it on a lift and look it over.

Or get down on your knees and look underneath. The only way to see what is happening is LOOK.

OK, busted spring. When that let go, other parts bent beyond their elastic limits. MAJOR damage.
But... A mechanic friend told me he has access to a wreck... I just gotta pay the labor to rip out the parts.
Have to see...

Can't be all that much that broke and caused "MAJOR damage". It's just a strut back there. Under $100 for one in a junk yard, or about $150 new. 30 minutes to remove/replace.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Well, I had to buy one new trailing arm, but the rest was just 'moved over' from the wreck. I should get it back today and know for sure.

The wreck, a noun, as in a parts car to salvage parts from to fix my car.
Got it, wasn't very clear.

Well, got it back. Don't know how much yet, but probably around $500.
The leaf spring had 'shattered'. Last time I something like that was a bow from the 60's that delaminated. Once in there, my struts were leaking bad, and the central mount was all rusted. That's why the guy just wanted to replace everything.
I'll get the bill this weekend, but I know it was a pretty good chunk of labor, plus one new trailing arm.