96 s-10 4.3 won't start

If I pour a little gas in the throttle body, it will run for a few seconds Truck will turn over and won't crank unless I pour gas down the throttle body. The fuel pump builds up about 70psi at the rail and the injectors have power. The truck is just not getting fuel like the injectors aren't firing. I also took the VCM apart to see if any circuits were burnt and eveything looked brand new. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Reply to
davidpeak1

You don't give much to work with.

Try in the I/P fuse block: Fuse #10 ECM IGN 20A and Fuse #5 ENG 20A Take a fuel sample at the fuel rail and check for water.

Reply to
johnoz19

You may, in addition to davidpeak's good suggestions, wish to use noid lights to determine if injectors are getting fire--if not, trace backwards--if so, have them checked/reconditioned/replaced. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

...sorry, where I said "... davidpeak's good...", I meant "johnnoz19's".. My bad--forgive, please,John. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

It has fresh gas and the noid light flashes good and bright. I read that the injector poppets are really bad about getting clogged up on SCPI systems(recall campaign, so the next step is to take them out and see if they are spraying.

Reply to
davidpeak1

Injectors are fine, the promblem is the pump is pushing a lot of air through the lines. The pump must be cavitating or have some kind of internal malfunction b/c there was over 1/4 tank in it.

Reply to
davidpeak1