98 Chev Cavalier, tension pully

My alternators bearings went then my fan belt snaped on my 98 Chev Cavalier , changed everything but i kinda screwed up. When i applying pressure to the tension pully some of the items fell of the side coming from the tension pully. Their are 3 items..steel round circle, plastic cirle and a wire...i've put the wire and plastic back in place but how do i put the steel thing back on its place???? do i need any special lude or glue??? any help?? thanks in advance!!

Reply to
Shanise25

You need a new tensioner assembly. Don't bother trying to put the thing back together.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Thanks Shiden, how hard is it to put the assembly on? or should i take to a garage?

Reply to
Shanise25

Thanks Shiden, how hard is it to put the assembly on? or should i take to a garage?

Reply to
Shanise25

Which engine does it have? 2.2 (pushrod) or 2.4 (DOHC)?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai
2.2 pushrod
Reply to
Shanise25

You should just be able to take out the 2 or 3 bolts holding the tensioner on and bolt on the new one.

Reply to
Robert Hancock