Any BEARING on this ?

At 55K miles, my BUICK is finally ready for disk-brake pads.
A friend suggests that it's a good practice to have the front wheel bearings re-packed
every time the brake pads are replaced.
????
Aren't wheel bearings ( like ball joints ) "packed for life" ??
<rj>
At 55K miles, my BUICK is finally ready

Maybe. Since you did not tell us the year, we cannot say one way or the other.
If its a 1986 or newer front wheel drive Buick they use sealed bearing hubs. No service required.
Good Luck.
Harryface
05 Park Avenue 36,008 91 Bonneville LE 306,123
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 01:01:52 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Thanks for the info !
<rj>