BAILED-OUT CAR COMPANIES DOIN' FINE NOW? Waaait Just A Minute!

Page 2 of 2
Lamborghinis cost more than GM cars too. Why is that? Do you think it is just their labor cost? Ed Pawlowski.
Heck no...there are people with money who actually WANT Lamborghinis. hls.
It makes me feel good to know that I have something in common with people with money. Rodan.
I was reading an article about what to do with money you have to invest. It seems that many people are very reluctant to do anything. Speculating in currency is very turbulent and irregular. IPO for GM seems like a big no no and uncertain at best. Housing is on hold and awaiting huge amount of drop and foreclosures. There is hardly anything that can be trusted to be a certainty of going up or down.

I am perplexed by this too. I took a big hickey in 2008 and want to preserve and grow what little I have left. Gold is no answer...
Published probabilities that we are going into a heavy recession or depression have increased from 35% a week or two ago to more than 50% now.
Time to hunker down.
BUT, BUT, BUT BO(ZO) says he and the Dims in Congress have saved or created, 3,000,000 jobs LOL

Your seem to forget GM sells more vehicles in a day than Lamborghinis sells in a year, obviously more buyers WANT what GM has to offer.
Many may want a Lamborghini, but they can only afford a GM brand LOL
wrote in message

Get real! Unlike custom build cars like Lamborghinis, Toyota sell vehicles in the same class as GM and industry statistic Cleary show buyers of Toyota pay 20% to 30% MORE to drive their car home than if they had purchased a domestic brand of the same size and with similar equipment.
wrote

Bet if we put a Toyota beside a GM and walked people in an just asked which one do you want to take home....
99% would take the Toyota.
On 8/29/2010 10:11 AM, Mike wrote:

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

Every time you post something you prove you know little to nothing about economics.

You are confused. Toyotas plants are all non-union and Toyotas cost more to buy than similar union made domestics of the same size and with the same equipment. Same is true of Toyotas non-union, mostly imported parts, made in low wage countries with far fewer costly government regulation.
China? Union? Those two words don't belong in the same paragraph do they?

While we still pay out the gazoo for autos and parts -- @
Mike spewing BS again.
Many of the parts in a Toyota, including the infamous gas peddle was union made right in the USA and Canada.
And what few parts they import usually come from Japan as NA companies still haven't figured out how to make a reliable 4 cycl. engine with a transmission that lasts more than 50k miles.
On 8/28/2010 10:51 AM, Mike wrote:

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

Really? Toyota designed and specs the parts, quality is a function of management, so why then has the uncontrolled acceration problem occurred in Toyotas made and sold worldwide? ;)