Blinker problem

I have a 03 Grand am with approximately 40 k on it. Recently the blinker "signal" or device that makes the clicking noise activates even when I am
not using my blinkers. The clicking is sometimes fast and sometimes slow, and does not change frequency based on speed or engine rpm. Was wondering if this can be replaced or disabled. Thank you for any info you can provide, this noise is very annoying.
Fred
Fred,
There was a large recall on GM flashers. I know as my '01 Grand Am was part of it. If this was a car you recently acquired, perhaps you were not aware of it. Take it to a dealer for repair.
Howard