Car Completly shuts down during driving

I have a buick lesaber and while I am driving the engine and all power turn off. The sterring wheel tightens up and i gradually come to a stop radio and all lights are also off. I was wondering if anyone
could tell me what the problem is.
Battery or Alternator went bad. Also check ground wire from battery. Remove ground wire from engine body and sand down to metal and replace. Clean Battery connections and even alternator connections - Check all Fuses and Fusable Links this is an easy first step. Then if that does not work take the battery out and have it tested - Replace if bad.. if not bad you will have to pull the Alternator and test that also. hope this helps Brian - Las vegas, NV
Year and mileage of the vehicle are always important pieces of information to post.

http://www.autoforumz.com/General-Discussion-Car-Completly-shuts-driving-fto pict124263.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p `5048
Grease you steering wheel if its stiff.
j4k3B wrote:

"j4k3B" wrote: > I have a buick lesaber and while I am driving the engine and > all power turn off. The sterring wheel tightens up and i > gradually come to a stop radio and all lights are also off. I > was wondering if anyone could tell me what the problem is.
Hi, Buick Lesabre has a 3800V6 in it, they are known to have the crank sensor go bad. The sensor itself is behind the harmonic balancer and isnt that bad of a job. Did your service engine light come on? If the car restarted take it to an autozone or advanced auto. Have them run the car for codes and that will tell you.
Good luck, Sellncars
One thing to check when you have this kind of problem would be the ignition switch in the steering column. Is it loose, turn to easily, if it does the switch could be turning off when you're driving down the road and hit even a little bump, the weight of the keys sometimes will pull the switch down enough to where the power kills but the wheel will still turn and you can take it in and out of park. If this is the case replace the ignition switch and try not to carry more keys than necessary on your key ring to keep a repeat problem. If that leads you nowhere try something as simple as a loose connection in the wiring to your ingition switch.