Delco radio swapping problem

I have a problem and maybe someone here can help me. My 1995 Corsica has finally passed away a few days ago (transmission fried and I don't have $1,400 for a new one) so since the stock Delco radio in my Corsica
(model # 16195181) has superb sound quality, I want to move it to my 1993 S10 Blazer which I now drive. I removed the crappy sound quality stock Delco radio from my S10 Blazer (model # 16161615) and installed the radio from my Corsica. I can tell you that the sound quality and range vastly improved in the S10 Blazer without having to change any of the speakers.
When nighttime came, I noticed a problem when I turned on my headlamps. None of the panel illumation lights inside the radio would turn on. The clock/display works fine and dims like it should when I turn on my headlamps as the rest of my dashboard lights up just fine. It's only the panel illumination lights inside the radio that don't work. The radio still works great; however, without any lights on the radio at night, I find myself turning the cigarette lighter instead of the volume knob.
At first, I thought maybe the little lightbulbs inside somehow burned out all at once so I put the Corsica's Delco radio back into my Corsica and tried it out. The lights in the radio worked just fine when I turned on the headlamps on the Corsica so that couldn't be the problem. I put the old Delco radio back into the S10 Blazer and its panel illumination lights work just fine when I turn on the headlamps. The panel illumination lights in both radios work just fine.
This one just baffles me. Both radios are the same size, shape, and have the same connections in the back. I only had to move the mounting hardware from one radio to the other to use the radio in the S10 Blazer. Maybe someone here can help me on this one and tell me how to fix it. Thanks.
The Corsica has a separate wire for the lights. Check the wiring in the plugs closely...

Thanks. I looked closer at the radio wire harness of the Corsica and noticed the gray wire (headlight dimmer wire) was in a different spot than in the Blazer radio wire harness. I'll have to go to the junkyard sometime later this week to get myself a 95 Corsica radio wire harness to use in the Blazer.
Woody wrote:

lazynetjunkie wrote:

If the plugs are the same usually then you can release the pin and move it. Usually there is a tiny notch off to the side there you push in something small like a paper clip to release the lock.

You should be able to move the pin to the right spot. Take a close look. If not - why not just cut your old Corsica harness out? The car is junk now, right?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

lazynetjunkie wrote:

pins to hot wire it.
Bob
-

mate different radios to existing harnesses--I/m sure they once did, as I bought one. Or an online stereo store--try Google for one. However, I still agree with the above posters re: using the old Corsica harness or re-locating the 'pins'. HTH, s