Dexron Antifreeze mixing

Page 2 of 2
Yeah. I'm kinda starting to think that while there may not be a problem mixing fresh green and fresh Dex, perhaps adding one or the other to an established cooling system that has suffered the routine contaminate
buildup and additive depletion is where we get in trouble. (Like there's no problem until electrolysis set in?) I am not a chemist, so I'm just speculating, of course.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:31:17 -0700, Phillip Schmid wrote:

--
remove 'spamsucks' from mail addy for replies.
I fart in Darl McBride's general direction.
Vito Cavallo wrote:

Dex-cool, you mean. Dexron III is transmission fluid. :)

Flush it out as soon as you can. Mixing the two means you run the risk of turning your coolant into a brown slush that doesn't do its job well at all.

No, don't mix the two. Pick one or the other, and stick to it. And if you choose the green stuff, make sure he cooling system is thoroughly flushed out before you fill it.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.