Dexron type ATF power steering fluid

The cap on the power steering reservoir says to use Dexron type ATF. When I went to parts store they didn't have any in the power steering fluid section. The sales person pointed out transmission fluid by that name but I got Prestone PSF. It's supposed to be good for most foreign cars and trucks.

I'm wondering if I should have used transmission fluid?

I put about six ounces of Prestone PSF in it.

Am I worrying too much about nothing.

Reply to
Dogma

Nevermind, I found the owner's manual and it says to use automatic transmission fluid. I'm hoping that the approximate 4 ounces Preston PSF won't hurt it.

Reply to
Dogma