HELP: 1987 Monte Carlo 305 Engine smells like gas.

Hello,
I have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS with a 305 8-cylinder in it. After driving the car for awhile, and parking it, there is a strong fuel smell that comes from it. I open the hood and it seems to be coming
from the passenger side near the firewall, but it could be fooling me. The smell subsides after a couple of hours of being parked, and then it will return after a drive of a few miles, and it is warmed up. Has anyone experienced this before? There is no fuel leaking from the vehicle that is visible.It is parked in a garage, and the floor is clean. Mileage is 35,000. Thanks for any input.
Sincerely,
Bill
could it be the carb leaking at the gaskets?\

Could also be a bad vaor trap canister. Roy