I like Top Posting Because

I like top posting because then I don't have to scroll every message to the bottom. And because I've already read the previous message so I remember what that post said. I like top posting, rests my page down
button. And then the original poster doesn't always get my text quoted with their name in the search engines. Ever see that? This way what you say is first and you get the proper credit for it in search engines.
"Okay, shields up". I'm ready.
Lots of people prefer it for the same reason.
It is somewhat like setting up a filing system....do you file most recent items to the front of the file or to the back? It is largely a manner of personal preference.
Traditionally, top posting was discouraged, but I see no need to belabor it now.

I personally, couldn't possibly care less how people post, but I will say that top posting, or posting just your response, and not the rest of the thread can lead to confusion. At times, a news service will be missing pieces of a thread, so people may not know what the person is talking about (No offence intended to you HLS, or anyone else who top post's).
"80 Knight" <nospam> wrote in message

No offense taken. I see no reason to repost entire threads, but whether you post top or bottom, enough of the message should be re-posted so that it is clear what the target is.
Ditto: I see no reason to repost entire threads either. I make sure the part I'm commenting on is left on my post. Also I try to leave a comment that includes description. Don't you hate it when somebody just posts "two words" at the bottom, after scrolling down a page and a half combined posts?
HLS wrote: < <bit> I see no reason to repost entire threads, but whether you post top or