Montana 2002 rusting....

My wife noticed some " bubbling" in the paint at the bottom edge of the rear hatch ( interior side)

I scraped a bit of that and the paint fly away just to show a reddish metal condition.... this situation is visible for almost the lenght of the door for about 1/2 " in width.

Am I not impressed...a new vehicule shouldn't rust that fast.The car payment will last longer ( 4 years ) ! There is no other contibuting factor than poor metal preparation or poor paint application.

It is common to see that paint defect on the triplets (mont,Vent,Silh.)??

Reply to
Rick

Try and get GM to repaint it under goodwill. It shouldn't be rusting like that this soon. Heck, I haven't seen rust on a vehicle I've owned on nearly

20 years...and I generally keep them 8-12 years...(one, a Dodge Dakota 4x4 I kept 14 years and no rust anywhere either)!
Reply to
James C. Reeves

Surprise !! The dealer didn't tell you the vehicle was hit on the lot before you bought it & they did a quick touch up.

The rust spot on my 91 re where the dealer "touched it up".

I'd take it back,

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Check your warranty. Rust through is usually covered longer than the regular

3/36. H
Reply to
Hairy