Oil futures surpass $90 a barrel (Suburban anyone?)

Page 2 of 2

The sound of jealousy echoes throughout your post Jim.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Not jealousy Mike, pity.

You do realize don't you Jim, that others besides contractors have legitimate needs for pickups?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

What do you drive, Jimmy?
80 Knight wrote:

A '98 Prizm or my wife's 2000 Golf.

Mike was correct. Jealousy would be the term to use. Your Prizm has the equivalent of a lawn tractor motor, and your Golf...Well, it's a Golf. As for what people drive, be it a Suburban or your Prizm, what's it to you? Why is it your business what I, or anyone else drives?
80 Knight wrote:

Macho "Men" deserve pity-payments, fuel costs, Liter envy, tires, etc., etc.
Enjoy your truck until it is repossessed.

Macho Men? You really have no clue Jim. Most of us don't have to worry about vehicles getting repossessed. For you to bring that up in this conversation suggests something about you though.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

<shrug>
Your problem, not mine.
on Thursday 01 November 2007 04:18 pm, someone posing as Jim Higgins took a rock and etched into the cave:

Dude. WTF are you talking about?
I drive my truck because I like it. I don't give a flying fuck if it is "macho" or not.
Oh, and if I couldn't afford it I wouldn't have bought it.
HTH!
HAND
--
www.perfectreign.com

According to your mentality, someone who drives a Prizm would be called a "girly man". You still didn't answer my question. What business is it of yours what I, or anyone else drive? If you like your Prizm, that's fine with me. Why should you be able to tell me what I can drive?

You are getting post's confused, which I can understand seeing how you have demonstrated a very low IQ. I don't own a truck, I own a Bonneville which get's 29MPG on the highway.
80 Knight wrote:

Is that all?

Not at all. It looks good, handles good, rides good, has over 240 horses, and is a dream to own and drive. All things your Prizm isn't. And you still have not answered my question.

I tried to help an employee with her Chrysler Concorde, but found that there is no help for her car. This car literally self destructs. Fix one thing and two others go out, normally totally unrelated.
My Dodge van, however, has been a paragon of dependability. With the 318 cid V8, I get about 18 mpg on the highway.
Now that I am retired, I dont really need this sort of vehicle, and with oil topping over $90 per barrel yesterday, I see expensive times ahead.