Oil futures surpass $90 a barrel (Suburban anyone?)

Not jealousy Mike, pity.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

You do realize don't you Jim, that others besides contractors have legitimate needs for pickups?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

We got a Ford F-250 4WD at work 3 months ago. It is a good truck for what it has to do, including snow plowing. I've driven it a total of 2 miles so far. It is a PITA getting in and out of it so I just take my car if I have an errand to do. No way would I want that as my every day driver.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What do you drive, Jimmy?

Reply to
80 Knight

A '98 Prizm or my wife's 2000 Golf.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Mike was correct. Jealousy would be the term to use. Your Prizm has the equivalent of a lawn tractor motor, and your Golf...Well, it's a Golf. As for what people drive, be it a Suburban or your Prizm, what's it to you? Why is it your business what I, or anyone else drives?

Reply to
80 Knight

Macho "Men" deserve pity-payments, fuel costs, Liter envy, tires, etc., etc.

Enjoy your truck until it is repossessed.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Macho Men? You really have no clue Jim. Most of us don't have to worry about vehicles getting repossessed. For you to bring that up in this conversation suggests something about you though.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Your problem, not mine.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

on Thursday 01 November 2007 04:18 pm, someone posing as Jim Higgins took a rock and etched into the cave:

Dude. WTF are you talking about?

I drive my truck because I like it. I don't give a flying f*ck if it is "macho" or not.

Oh, and if I couldn't afford it I wouldn't have bought it.

HTH!

HAND

Reply to
PerfectReign

According to your mentality, someone who drives a Prizm would be called a "girly man". You still didn't answer my question. What business is it of yours what I, or anyone else drive? If you like your Prizm, that's fine with me. Why should you be able to tell me what I can drive?

You are getting post's confused, which I can understand seeing how you have demonstrated a very low IQ. I don't own a truck, I own a Bonneville which get's 29MPG on the highway.

Reply to
80 Knight

Is that all?

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Not at all. It looks good, handles good, rides good, has over 240 horses, and is a dream to own and drive. All things your Prizm isn't. And you still have not answered my question.

Reply to
80 Knight

I tried to help an employee with her Chrysler Concorde, but found that there is no help for her car. This car literally self destructs. Fix one thing and two others go out, normally totally unrelated.

My Dodge van, however, has been a paragon of dependability. With the 318 cid V8, I get about 18 mpg on the highway.

Now that I am retired, I dont really need this sort of vehicle, and with oil topping over $90 per barrel yesterday, I see expensive times ahead.

Reply to
HLS