Ping Ian (shiden_kai)

Page 1 of 2
Hey Ian:
Is there a procedure to re-program a 2003 Grand Am so that the doors unlock when it's put in park? The only options in the manual don't include this,
but almost every other GM product in the world can be programmed to work this way. As it is now, you have to shut the car off for the door locks to open.
TIA
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Can't you think of a hundred reasons?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
I can think of one for not doing so, it is unlawful in every state of which I am aware.
mike hunt

On private property that should not be a problem. We have a 'Stop and Rob' down the street where the local cops make it a habit of citing drivers that go inside and let their vehicle unattended and running. They leave a $98 citation on the car and a note to pick up the keys at the precinct ;)
mike hunt

Rob'
that
And you can't think of any other reasons to want to open the car doors while the engine is running?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.netd

It may be illegal in some states to leave your car running - as in, to walk away from it, but it is far from illegal to exit your car while it is running. There are plenty of reasons why one would do so. At that, it's a sideline to the original point though. There are other occupants besides a driver who might have cause to exit a car.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

which
Wrong. Please provide the statute for at least three states.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
I don't do home work for my own grand children why would I do yours? If you want to lean something for a change start with a search of Title #75 in PA, then you can search New York, New Jersey and Delaware
mike hunt

He asked to provide the statures and I did. LOL
mike hunt

Don't give up your day job to become a lawyer Mike. You fail pretty badly at supporting your case.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Perhaps but only in your small world. Anybody who believe they are safer riding in a vehicle like the Yaris than a larger SUV, must live in a very small world. ;)
mike hunt

Ugh-oh - Mike forgot to take his pills today. He's slipping from his normal funny, irrelevant banter to something that makes no sense at all. Yaris??? Where in the world does that come from?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

you
PA,
None of which state that it is illegal to open your car doors with your engine still running. You lose again Mike.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
If you say so, but where is YOUR proof? LOL
mike hunt