Pontiac Grand Am Bath Tub help please

I have a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am. Every it rain I get a large amount of water on the drivers front floor. The car can be parked for days and when it rains
the floor fills up like a bath tub. Had a local shop look it over and they removed the rug, filled some seams with sealer and said that they are not sure where it is coming from.
Please any help on finding the source. Cindy
There is no magic bullet , the car must be stripped down and water tested, possible cowl seam issue, anyway a competent body shop is required here.

-

Not much to go on. What you have to do is make rain. Have someone sit in the car while you spray water on and around the door, around the windshield, around the front air vents, and any other place where a leak may happen. . Once you see it coming in, you can take measures to stop it.
> On 9/2/2006 5:41 PM ... Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

2003 Malibu that was brand new at the time (trunk full of water). Took the dealer over a week to find and fix it under warranty. I got rid of the POS before owning it a year.
This is a common problem on this car. All you have to do is make sure the drain hole is clear for the fresh air intake of the cowl. It gets plugged up with debris over time, then when it rains the water floods onto your floor.

-
Still can't find the problem. Vehicle is apart at the shop right now. They are going to remove the carpet and spay water to see if we can find the leak. They removed the wipers, and the plastic cover under the wipers, also removed the blower motor but did not find the problem. Where is the drain hole that gets plugged up located on my car? I will make sure they check this location.
Thanks for the help so far Cindy

Odie wrote:

Its probably leaking where my Grand Am leaks: the door gasket.
Odie wrote:

It's an old car so you can do things to it that you might hesitate to on a newer model. Yea, look for the leak with someone spraying a hose at it. My best quess is that you will see it running down the front along the inside of the firewall and under the carpet. If I had a situation like that I would drill a hole to let the water out. I'd want to keep my feet dry and prevent extra rust.
This sounds similar to a water leak I had with my 1993 Olds Achieva - same family as the Grand Am only mine was on the passenger side and it was like a bath tub.
On my '93 there was a technical service bulletin that described installing a new water deflector up by the air intake between the hood and windshield to fix the problem. I had a dealer take care of it and haven't had a problem since and that was many years ago.
Perhaps have your local shop check some of the TSBs (technical service bulletins) for the 93-95 GrandAm-Achieva type cars for some leads.
I've responded a couple of times to this problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.gm/browse_frm/thread/755c89a0bba0571b/51de1deb30fdb6fd?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4&hl=en#51de1deb30fdb6fd
#5 in that thread has a bit of details on the TSB that might help.
And here's one with a lot more detail:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.gm/browse_frm/thread/6ff42bcadc18633f/43ec66ca9c20f19c?lnk=st&q=&rnum=8&hl=en#43ec66ca9c20f19c
Bob.