Prism check engine light

I have had a check engine light for almost a week. I went to VIP auto and they pulled the code that indicated an evaporative emission problem. I have replaced the rubber gasket on the gas cap and put a thin coating
of vasoline on the metal surface that the gasket contacts. I have a dealer appointment Tuesday AM. Any other suggestions?
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
When I left work on Monday, the light was out. It must have been the gas cap. I cancelled the appointment for Tuesday. When I got gas this morning, it was hard to get the cap off!
---MIKE---