Prism check engine light

I have had a check engine light for almost a week. I went to VIP auto and they pulled the code that indicated an evaporative emission problem. I have replaced the rubber gasket on the gas cap and put a thin coating of vasoline on the metal surface that the gasket contacts. I have a dealer appointment Tuesday AM. Any other suggestions?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

When I left work on Monday, the light was out. It must have been the gas cap. I cancelled the appointment for Tuesday. When I got gas this morning, it was hard to get the cap off!

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---