Q: 03 Malibu, adding factory fog lamps, question on factory wiring

I'm trying to install the factory fog lamps in an 03 Malibu which didn't come with them already installed. Since this was an optionable item for the car, I'm wondering how much of the required wiring is already present in the harness; ie if I open the dash, will I find a connector to plug the fog lamp switch into? I know that the sockets to power the fog lamp bulbs aren't dangling below the bumper, but maybe the wire to power the fog lights is present in harness under the hood?

The fog lamp fuse (uninstalled) on the fuse panel has power applied to it and there is a spot to plug in the relay. I can see metal contacts where the relay installs in the fuse panel, so that kind of suggests there may be some wiring already present.

I guess my question is whether GM makes any kind of wiring provisions for options not installed on a vehicle?

Thanks alot

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff G

Don't bother. I used to own a 03 Malibu LS and the fog lamps were useless. You couldn't tell if they were on...even switching them on and off you couldn't tell a thing. Save your money.

Reply to
James C. Reeves