Re: Import owners are to blame for the recession

I've been driving for over 40 years, and have owned nothing but American branded autos. I have never had reliability problems and would not consider buying an import (please don't argue that a Toyota is built in America - it is still a foreign brand with profits going overseas). I would feel unpatriotic to buy other than GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

The replacement stands a good chance of failing before the original would have - depending on the manufacturer.

Really? It is a violation of US franchise law for American manufacturers to sell to ANYBODY except their franchise dealers. All Vehicles must be sold through their dealerships.
The ONLY exception is Toyota, they sell their vehicles to distributorships, who then sell them to Toyota dealerships.