Re: on-star "phoning home"????

I seem to to recall a similar post a while back about On-Star doing things that just aren't kosher. The simple answer is that although the On-Star hardware is capable of doing this, the software doesn't allow it. There is
simply too much liability involved. On-Star doesn't "phone home" regardless of whether or not you are a subscriber unless the airbags deploy or, in some configurations, a "near deployment" event occurs.
Roger

insisted
"home"
one
I call bullshit on that.. like the phone companies would be generous enough to give GM free phone service for such covert communications for non-subscribers..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada