Re: When will people Begin to Boycott Exxon/Mobil?

Page 2 of 3
wrote:

Could you easily understand what I wrote? Yes? Well, gee, why might that be? (rhetorical question, obviously)
I am not perfect; I often make mistakes when posting, although hopefully minor ones, & not too many in any given post. *But*, heaven forbid I misspelled a word when replying to your post!
Cathy
Cathy

Heh - see?! Managed to sign my post twice. ;-)
Cathy

She's a teacher, you jello brain. :-) She can probably write perfectly while cooking dinner and giving birth to twins, with her hair on fire and an elephant stampede in her kitchen.

LOL! ;-) I only wish; can't multi-task even reguar stuff anymore. For the most part, can't even *dual* task any longer!
Cathy

Shhhh.....
Jello brain probaby can't take a leak and roll his eyes without needing electroshock therapy afterward. Play the goddess card until you're busted.

Looks like your brain is Jello too. Try using your spell checker next time. "Probaby" is not a word. And you might want to think about adding an "s" to afterward. You people are all so perfect. And I thought Cathy was a teacher, yet she didn't grade you on that one did she? She must have been to busy with you sucking up to her and she can't multi-task. :')
"Beren Stained Bear"...

OK this is getting beyond ridiculous. BSB - you made some errors yourself. "Afterward" is used correctly in that sentence - the other way is accepted as well. No "s" necessary. You also said "to" where you should have said "too" (busy), and should say "with your sucking up to her (comma), as well as missing a comma in "one, did she?"
The bottom line is we are *all human.* I make plenty of grammar/spelling errors, despite a straight-A history all through school. Sometimes it's a simple typo.
Can we get on with the conversation at hand? Or do we need to keep sniping at each other?
Natalie

Well I stand corrected, and thank you so so very much for pointing out my errors. See I always say you are never to old to be edumacated.
"Beren Stained Bear" ..

It's cool - wouldn't it be really boring if we *could* learn it all in a lifetime?
Gawd, snooze-city.
Natalie
@Hotmail.com says...

Well ummmm like you know, that's what teachers are, like, supposed to do.
Schools are supposed to be the place you are taught and required to write and speak correctly.
What kind of message do you send to others, how believable are you when you don't take the time or put forth the effort to speak and write clearly?
--
I. Care

Technically, that was at least two questions. Technically.
What kind of message do you send to others? How believable are you when you don't take time or put forth the effort to speak and write clearly?
OR (even better)
How believable are you when you don't take time, or put forth the effort, to speak and write clearly?
<ducking for cover now>
says...

What teachers are, like, supposed to do? You need to come off your high horse too.
TopCat wrote:

Try spell check.
But I hope people keep buying from Exxon. I have stock in the company. ;-)
Also, I don't see what the see why people hate Exxon so much. Most of their profits come from outside the US.
Jeff

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever, I really don't even think spell check can help you out bro.

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever, I really don't even think spell check can help you out bro.
snip

If you're talking about one teacher, it should be "womAn", I suppose. You write "her" ass, and not their, so, it's one person only, correct?

The greed demonstrated by oil companies proves that nationalization is the only solution. Declare a state of emergency and confiscate refineries. I bet prices will drop once the announcement is made and some soldiers show up to takeover a refinery. Create a National "Energy Resources Agency" and make employees government employees. Exxon/Mobil would lower the prices REAL quick. We just need leadership with resolve. We can then leave Iraq and take Venezuela and their oil and enjoy $1 gallon gas again. Keep it from the Chinese
On Jun 1, 1:50 pm, George Orwell <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

How much profit should ExxonMobil be making? Don't forget, that most of their profit comes from outside the US. I forget the exact numbers, but the profit margin is similar to that made by well-run utilities.
So before you tell me that ExxonMobil is making too much money, tell me how much money they should be making and how you arrived at that figure.
Jeff

If each household replaced their "gottahave" SUV with a modest compact car, it could reduce gasoline demand by as much as 50%.
<rj>

Then we could drive twice as far!