remote starter grand am problem

I have installed a remote starter on a 2000 grand am, but can not get it to work correctly. it turns over fires runs for about .8 - 1.0 sec then stalls. ignition stays active fuel stays active so its not them, but i cannot figure out why. The system i am installing is a compustar (1wam-as) remote starter and alarm system the alarm part was hard to install but i did get there, (bad car to work on). the car starts normal when you use the key ,the problem is only with remote starting. any help out there thanks Steve.

Reply to
juanita rourke

Was a "Passlock" bypass installed when the remote starter was installed? It sounds like the vehicle anti-theft is kicking in because the instrument cluster is not receiving the correct signal from the ignition lock cylinder.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks aarcuda, I have been to the shop today Sunday!!!!!! and discovered a

Reply to
juanita rourke

Google for "passlock bypass", you'll find plenty of info on vendors that sell them and plans to roll your own.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

you need a bypass kit

available for