Small whining sound when accellerating

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier and a few months back I noticed a small 'whining' sound when I accellerate really fast. It sounds like it's coming from the front left of the car but it's hard to tell. The 'whining' only
lasts for a few seconds then goes away. It happens most often when i'm on the highway and i hit around 60mph, then it goes away once i'm over 65mph. I havent noticed any jerky shifting or anything. Everything seems to be running fine, just that i get that whining sound. I've checked all my fluids and everything seems normal.
Anyone have an idea what it could be?
Thanks Ach
Could be alternator, idler, or belt noise that you only hear at higher RPMS.
Can you slowly accelerate on a quiet road until you hear noise ?
Is the Air Conditioner on ?
Another clue is to do this with a cold motor, than shut off, and gently feel belts, pulleys, alternator case. A squealer will be quite warm.
Usually when I accelerate slowly, it doesnt do it. Sometimes it doesnt do it at all like last night. Most of the time the air conditioner has been on since it's been hot but i'm pretty sure i've heard it a few times without the a/c going.
Thanks for the reply Ach

lubricate the muffler bearings replenish the rice in the rice canistor