Sparepart robbery!

-Arrrgh, went to postoffice to pick up my heatshield for the starter. Paid allmost $70.00 and gusss if I got angry when I opened the package!
So much money for this little piece of bent metalplate. I wont send it back
however cause I really wanna fix this hot-not starting issue. And the shield is made with two sheets put together with a 2mm distance so it sure has some advantages from a home made one.
Anyway - this was no GM original part. Im sure You can buy this item in a store in US for 10 dollars - even less.
Please someone: Recommend a internetstore for parts to my 1994 Buick Roadmaster. They must be able to ship overseas (SWEDEN) and fast service. Is there a reliable company anywhere that can do this?
Is there any wreckyard that has this service? -Well, I know there are a hundreds of them - but is there one with good reputation?
Is here anyone reading this board that lives outside the states that know what Im saying here?
/Peter, SWEDEN
Peter wrote:

i know how you feel. so many places charge such outrageous prices for the smallest things. i'm trying to get a low-mount alternator bracket for my '69 chevy, and it's going to run me somewhere around $50-$70 for a couple long bolts, a metal sleeve, and a metal plate. i think i will buy it, make a template out of the metal plate, then return it and fab my own for $2 out of scrap metal.
I'm glad to see you want to STEAL the R&D that the maker of the low mount brackets put into it. That qualifies you as a THIEF.
: Peter wrote: : : : > So much money for this little piece of bent metalplate. I wont send it back : > however cause I really wanna fix this hot-not starting issue. And the shield : > is made with two sheets put together with a 2mm distance so it sure has some : > advantages from a home made one. : : : i know how you feel. so many places charge such outrageous prices for : the smallest things. i'm trying to get a low-mount alternator bracket : for my '69 chevy, and it's going to run me somewhere around $50-$70 for : a couple long bolts, a metal sleeve, and a metal plate. i think i will : buy it, make a template out of the metal plate, then return it and fab : my own for $2 out of scrap metal. :
Are you a Troll?

it
the
for
measure
says...

Guys, this "Im Right" is a complete and total moron. Just ignore him.

Dennis Smith
Bethel's goat farm [ Hemmings Motor News Advertiser ] has a great reputation. My friend bought a cowl perch from them, excellent quality, reasonable price.

Try here... http://www.gmotors.com /
Or here
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com /
Don't know if they ship overseas but I've had good experiences with both domestically. FWIW DFB