Heading to South Bend to pick up the R-3

As some of you may remember, I sold my Museum R-3 engine. Consensus has been that it should be torn down and carefully checked due to sitting for

40+ years. My buyer has decided to have Jon Myer do that. Jon will also add a bellhousing and 4-speed tranny setup. So, at the crack of dawn tomorrow I start for South Bend to pick up the engine and take it to Jon. Unfortunately, the museum apparently didn't keep the original Paxton crates (as I had requested), so I'm going to have to improvise. More later, Paul Johnson
Reply to
Paul Johnson

"Unfortunately, the museum apparently didn't keep the original Paxton crates (as I had requested)"

That is terrible Paul!!!! I wonder if they got lost in the move?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Reply to
mbstude

Unfortunately it happened some time in the past because Andy Beckman had never seen them or heard of them and he has been in the Museum since 1999. In addition, the air tube that runs from the supercharger through the front panel was in the R-3 crate (and I think the air cleaner was too, but I can't remember for sure). Both engines are missing the coil to distributor lead which will be hard to match since the original sparkplug wires sets are yellow. Those wires were probably in one of the crates too. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

One would think that the museum would take SOME responsibility for its total disregard for property on loan.

Reply to
Lee

Reply to
Dave Lester