Toyotas recall

Update:

Not only does GM have cracking manifolds:

The title should read as I have fixed it.

Reply to
Canuck57

Perhaps, but who currently has the greatest number of RECALLS? ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

According to new reports, Toyota warranty claims indicate Toyota has been aware of the problems for several years.

sure, the problem can manefest anywhere, but consider my question again, everything is modeled and tested beforehand- didn't any pedal stickiness or stiffness show up anywhere ? frankly, I doubt there was no indication anywhere; someone saw it and hid it/(or not); someone shugged their sholders and figured it wasn't much, that to go back and re engineer the assembly wasn't worth it.people should know.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

YABUT LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not really, if the fuel system defaults to OFF when the foot brake is applied, as is the case with most other manufactures FBW systems.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Perhaps you should search the result of the ligation following the at Audi incident in New York that led to the uproar and brake petal shift locks.

The dealer won the suit against the cars owner because tests proved it was driver error and not a mechanism problem with the Audi. Unfortunately the dealership went bankrupt and Audi almost left the US, in the interim.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Perhaps, IF you can catch a used one LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike Hunter

Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

As one would expect, you are wrong again. It starts with a "T," and the total is 4.2 million vehicles LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I wasn't aware the problem was not mechanical; mechanics are fairly well understood and modeled- thus my thoughts tended to the scenario I described; however, a bluetooth or fly by wire interface is entirely different- I always considered that too suspect for personal transportation- the sheer number of units would more likely manifest an occurance of interference, or remote probability flaw

Reply to
raamman

Mike:

Read JimG's 1:05AM reply to you and comply.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

According to WSJ

"Toyota has said its latest problem happened because condensation from heaters caused increased friction in the gas pedal, making it stick in some cases, making the problem a mechanical one and not an issue of electronics.

But some critics are questioning why Toyota's system didn't include a brake override system to stop the vehicles.

Auto makers "are at a point now where their ability to design is outpacing their ability to verify," said Sean Kane, president of Safety Research and Strategies Inc., a safety investigation and advocacy group. "As car electronics increase in number, problems are increasing disproportionally."

"
Reply to
raamman