Toyotas recall

Page 2 of 3
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL
wrote in message

Mike Hunter wrote:

<snip>
Mike:
Read JimG's 1:05AM reply to you and comply.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

According to WSJ
"Toyota has said its latest problem happened because condensation from heaters caused increased friction in the gas pedal, making it stick in some cases, making the problem a mechanical one and not an issue of electronics.
But some critics are questioning why Toyota's system didn't include a brake override system to stop the vehicles.
Auto makers "are at a point now where their ability to design is outpacing their ability to verify," said Sean Kane, president of Safety Research and Strategies Inc., a safety investigation and advocacy group. "As car electronics increase in number, problems are increasing disproportionally."
"
According to published reports Toyota management has been aware of the problem since 2008. As we all know warranty complaints must go through the system for reimbursement, before the dealers are paid for their work. How could management not know of the problem?
wrote:

It would be interesting to learn who covered up the discovery and failed to pass it on to his superior, or, what was the assessment that ignored this deficiency. Perhaps more importantly, is how did this failure occur ? Did the CAE/FEA fail somewhere, or was it in the implementation/ integration of the assembly into the design? But then again, we have to remember the corporate intregal component known as jaded thinking that gave us exploding gas tanks in the 70s.
Just think of the GM customers rolling into Toyota to get their GM fixed. Wonder which car they will buy next time? Good way for Toyota to cherry pick customers, come to Toyota to get your GM Vibe fixed.
BTW, I hear Ford too bought from this US CAW supplier, and Chrylser is pretty quiet. Looks to be a growing problem not specific to Toyota as you would have others believe.
On 29/01/2010 1:37 PM, Mike Hunter wrote:

On 29/01/2010 10:33 AM, Tom wrote:

Yep, GM.new does not have to even do R&D GM.old issues. Cracked manifolds anyone?
Better off with Toyota.

MY 12 year old grandson makes more reasonable comments than you. Try and grow up and make some positive comments if your life is that negative all the time I feel sorry for you.
On 29/01/2010 6:09 PM, Tom wrote:

Because you don't like the facts, please don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for your son. Not getting the facts, just the bias.

The more I read your posts they they make no sense, sometimes I wonder what you are replying to, maybe you should talk to my grandson, you might learn something.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Really? I wonder how many people died because of the leaky manifolds.

If those engines failed catastrophically (which some did), then they may well have been responsible for some deaths.
We had one that failed this way. While it was not perceived to be a safety problem, that might well have been the result in some cases... And it went on without correction for the better part of a decade.

In other words, none that you know of.......right? Can't be said of the Toyota debacle.
On 29/01/2010 9:40 PM, Dave wrote:

Booting along I94 at 70 mph and it craps out with semi up your tail and find out.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

On 29/01/2010 9:40 PM, Dave wrote:

Update:
Not only does GM have cracking manifolds:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f12/why-behind-cts-corporation-recall-revised-unit-now-full-production-88461 /
The title should read as I have fixed it.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f12/why-behind-cts-corporation-recall-revised-unit-now-full-production-88461 /
Perhaps, IF you can catch a used one LOL

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL