VIN Number

Where can I look up a Buick VIN number that would describe or list the equipment on the car?
Thanks,
Dave C.

The only thing reveled in the VIN is the county of origin, division of manufacture, model type, body style, type of restraint system, engine, year of manufacture, and the sequential build number. There is a label on the "B" pillar door post that lists the build date, and codes that indicate, body color, interior trim color and axle ratio
mike

there is an RPO (regular production options) sticker either in the glove box or in the trunk the lists all options of the vehicle in three letter/number codes.....also your paint codes...............

Regular Production Option (RPO) codes. These codes can be located on the RPO sticker in the glove box or in the trunk on most GM vehicles.
Here are the RPO codes(trunk) for a 2000 Century
AG1-ADJUSTER,6-WAY PWR,DRIVER ST(60-40)(VAR 2) AK5-RESTRAINT SYSTEM, FRT SEAT, INFLATABLE, DRIVER AM6-RESTRAINT SYSTEM SEAT, INFLATABLE, DRIVER & PASS - DELETE AP9-NET CONVENIENCE A2A-FLEET SALES (CANADA) CANADIAN PROCESSING CODE 1 BF9-COVERING FRT FLOOR MATS - DELETE CJ3-HVAC SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONER FRT, MAN TEMP CONT, AUX TEMP CONT DG7-MIRROR O/S LH & RH, REMOTE CONTROL, ELECTRIC, COLOR FE1-SUSPENSION SYSTEM SOFT RIDE FE9-CERTIFICATION EMISSION, FEDERAL F83-RATIO TRANSAXLE FINAL DRIVE 3.05 IQB-TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN (QB) JM4-BRAKE SYSTEM PWR,FRT DISC, RR DRUM,CAST IRON,ANTILOCK, FRT &RR WHL K05-HEATER ENG BLOCK K34-CRUISE CONTROL AUTOMATIC, ELECTRONIC K68-GENERATOR 105 AMP LG8-ENGINE GAS, 6 CYL, 3.1L, SFI, V6, GM MX0-MERCHANDISED TRANS AUTO PROVISIONS, O/D M15-TRANSMISSION AUTO 4 SPD, HMD, 4T65-E, ENHANCED ELECTRONIC NF2-EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER 1 NK5-STEERING WHEEL STANDARD OST-PLANT CODE OSHAWA 2, ONT, CANADA PH6-WHEEL 15 X 6, ALUMINUM 86063 QGY-TIRE ALL P205/70R15/N BL R/PE ST TL ALS R7K-CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 36 R8T-CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 69 R9B-CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 77 UP0-RADIO AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, AUTO REV MUSIC SEARCH CASS, CD, UQ3-SPEAKER SYSTEM PERFORMANCE ENHANCED AUDIO U19-SPEEDOMETER INST, KILO & MILES, KILO ODOMETER U2E-CLUSTER INST, COOL TEMP, TRIP ODOM U77-ANTENNA RR WINDOW, RADIO VK3-CONTROL STEERING WHEEL, ACCESSORY V73-ANTENNA FIXED, RADIO Z31-IDENTIFICATION PRICE SHEET ADVANCE Z49-EXPORT CANADIAN MODIF MANDATORY BASE EQUIP 1SB-PACKAGE OPTION 02 14B-TRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, LT GRAY (B) (96) 14B-TRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, GRAY (B) (97) 14B-TRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, GRAY (B) (97) 14I-INTERIOR TRIM VERY DK GRAY (I) (97) 14I-INTERIOR TRIM GRAY 14I-INTERIOR TRIM LT GRAY (I) 14I-INTERIOR TRIM HUSKY GRAY (I) (FRONTERA 98) 14I-INTERIOR TRIM DK GRAY (I) (01)
56U-PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, JASPER GREEN (02) 56U-PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, ATLANTIDA GREEN (BRAZIL) (02) 56U-PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, TERRAGON GREEN, (03)
6JZ-COMPONENT FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (6JZ) 7JZ-COMPONENT FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (7JZ) 8HP-COMPONENT RR LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (8HP) 9HP-COMPONENT RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (9HP) BC/CC U 329D 14B-TRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, GRAY (B) (97)