worn pads and brake lights

My daughter run her 98 Lumina front pads down to bare metal and beyond and destroyed one rotor. The ABS and brake lights are on steady. I have replaced pads and rotor on the worst side and now waiting out rain, and more rain to get at the other side. I drove it in the driveway and it felt like at least one brake was dragging real hard, before I started the job. After replacing the one side the dragging was gone but the ABS and brake lights were still on. Question is.... do low , ok non-existant pads activate these lights and they will go off when both sides are replaced , bled etc. Is there a way to reset the lights?? There is also a clicking under the dash when the brake pedal is depressed 1/2" or so. And YES she did get a lecture!!!!

Reply to
Ron

It is most likely that the ABS light is on from a defective ABS sensor in the wheel bearing. If so, the only way to repair it is to replace the wheel bearing (hub actually). Typical cost for the hub is in the neighborhood of $120 in the aftermarket.

Reply to
Mike Marlow