98 Explorer Brake Pads?

It looks like it's about time to replace the brake pads in my 98 Explorer. Looking for opinions based on experience with different brands. I do drive it pretty hard, so I'd like something that performs better than stock.

Thanks in advance, BillM

Reply to
BillM

if you drive aggressively then you should go with ceramic pads there a little more money then revalue pads I think mine where like 50 bucks but they last longer and they will give you more stopping power but you will be more then satisfied with them but if you do not brake aggressively then don't put them in because they will not work properly

Reply to
mab6680

Ceramic pads are the only way to go. Try

chuckster

Careful with using ceramic pads. I used them and they got to hot for my discs and they warped. If you are going to install them yourself make sure you know somebody that has used that particular brand! A simple brake job can turn expensive if you have to buy new rotors as well......

Reply to
ddodero