'05 Accord Battery

Page 3 of 3

Yes it has. I just checked Edmunds.com and the '07 Accord is rated at 26mpg/34mpg. Its about what I get on my '05 Accord. The '08 is rated at 22mpg/31mpg. If I gett as low as 22mpg in city driving I'd be concerned, unless I were in NYC! They also upped the gas tank size from 17.1gal to 18.5gal in the '08.
-Dave

Cool the battery is okay.
About the Accord's new size....I am happy as hell with it, and think it drives and feels superb. I am glad its a little bigger, especially when driving on not so pristine road conditions...handles bumps and potholes the best of any Accord I have ever driven, starting with the models in the 80s to my own 1990 Accord EX Coupe to all the 19945 models to the 2007 models.
The new Accord is just awesome. I wish I would have gotten a stick shift, even if it does mean more pain in the ass shifting here in NYC traffic...wonderful new engines on my 2008 Accord EX 4-cyl..
And its not as "big" as a Chevy Impala, for example....so its not *that* big..still feels compact to me...thing that takes getting used to is when I am parking..only then does its larger size become apparent to me...bah....can't have everything says I...so can't have both small size like the 1990-1994 model Accords *AND* make it larger ( to make it ride and handle more like a BMW, for example )....everything's a trade-off.
Peace, Polfus
wrote

Yeah, thanks. But he was guessing I should change it before next winter hits. By then my car will be out of warranty. He recommended a Honda battery wich has a 100 month warranty. Ha! I don't care if it's a 20 year warranty, I'd rather not get it from Honda. Not worth being stuck somewhere because of a dead battery, even if it's under warranty. They won't be right there to change it for me when it goes bad!

True, there are some who do like the larger size. But then they should come out with a new and larger model. Kind of like the size difference from the Acura TSX, TL and RL. Or you could say the older Toyota Camry and Cressida. I'm sure it's better in those examples you named. My preference would have been to keep with the efficiency and more nimble feeling, and make/name a larger vehicle for those who want it.

I've driven a stick shift in NYC (whenever I drive up there in my car)! It would get old if I lived there. Places I would probably prefer an automatic are NYC, D.C. and Los Angeles. I heard Atlanta, GA is bad too.

Very true! It all depends what you compare it to. Some of the Accord's Japanese competitors are still in the mid-size camp such as the Camry, Altima and Mazda6. Agreed, it is a trade-off..
-Dave

Dave L wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but when I purchased my 2007 Accord in February, they had to replace the battery BEFORE I took delivery of the car! Batteries go bad and some will last longer whereas others will die a horrible death way sooner than the warranty.

Be Careful! Had the same trouble with my 98 Accord, which I bought brand new. I saw that the green wasn't showing, so I ran it up to the Honda dealer. Tech looked at it and said ,Aw shit, another one! I didn't like that sound...he said the positive post is leaking, and if I try to loosen it. the post will break out, and acid will spill out, into the engine area. They emptied the battery, and sure enough, the post twisted off! They replaced it with a Interstate battery. The original battery was a GM Freedom battery. I Googled ,it and found out that they had trouble with them, at tht time.

If the replacement is under warranty then why not? Oh by the way, Sears Die Hard aren't good battery, even worse than Duralast. The best i've had for my 89 Accord is an EverStart from Wal-Mart for $35, made by Johnson Control
And while you're at the dealer, ask them to check the rear defogger switch/timer, if it's shot and leaves the defogger on all the time, then the next battery would also fail prematurely.

I thought Die Hard went back to Johnson Control, at least for the Die Hard Gold. Bad when made by Exide for a while.

My rear defogger works fine. I use it on a semi-normal basis. It comes on when I hit the switch and turns off when I hit it again.
Thanks, -Dave

Upon what information do you make such a statement. Also, for your information, DieHard Gold are made by Johnson Control. They have been since the 1980s to date. Recently, within the last 10 years or so, all of Sears DieHard are made by Johnson Control...
DaveD

Sears was big in the 70s and 80s, but not any more!! Johnson Controls remains a giant and has gained a good reputation in automotive batteries business.
Die Hard?? i call them Die Easy haha.. the brand was introduced in 1967 and from then on were made exclusively by Johnson Controls. But Sears ended its contract with Johnson Controls in May 1994 in favor of Exide and AC Delco, big mistakes!!
Anyways, thou shall never trust what thou read here. But do trust what you read on the label on the battery, and trust your judgement. If the battery doesn't have "made by Johnson Controls" on the label then it's probably not. Well, you know what? My EverStart battery has it.
Cheers