2001 Civic Front end

We have a 2001 Civic LX 23000miles. It needs front struts and the dealer wants $500 for it and an alignment thereafter (price is inclusive of alignment parts and labor). The car does make some
creeks and the struts are definatly ready because I push on the front end and it bounces pretty good with a sucking sound for the return. We took the car in 2006 with about 5000 on it and it has always made that noise. How critical is this? I know ride and tire wear are affected, but I dont have the dough to get it fixed right away.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

it's critical. if the struts aren't damping properly, the tires aren't following the terrain properly. that's not a big deal cruising, but when you need to emergency brake or steer, if the wheel is enjoying a little bounce, and then you brake or steer, the wheel locks or slides. then you lose control. take your own guesses at what happens after that.

on the parts what is the difference between the A and D on some of these front end parts? 51605-S5A-A05 - 51605-S5D-A11 or the right front shock absorber
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

how the hell do i know? do you happen to know the part number of the egr valve gasket on my 90 crx? post a link that might help explain what you're talking about!

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id 75&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year 01&hp_series_door_ext_gradeMR+LX&hp_series_transmissionJT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=F&hp_component=B++28
On Jan 17, 11:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

also if someone has a link that I can use to get detailed instructions for this job I would appreciate it!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

buy the shop manual - helminc.com. it is by far the best tool you'll ever buy for that vehicle if you plan on doing your own maintenance.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id 75&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year 01&hp_series_door_ext_gradeMR+LX&hp_series_transmissionJT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=F&hp_component=B++28
"problem loading page"