2003 Accord Cruise Control

The cruise control disengages after about 1 hour of use. Has anyone ever attempted servicing the unit by themself? I am planning to do just that. Just curious as to how difficult, and what to expect. Thanks.

Reply to
highkm

There is nothing inside the speed control to service. There is nothing to replace or adjust.

Good luck.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

------------------------

What's your mileage? There are a few things you can DIY>

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

have you ever considered that it may switch off after 60 minutes for safety reasons?

Reply to
jim beam

--------------------------

That's an interesting point. It would probably be an aftermarket unit, but maybe it's in the owner's manual :

It sounds unsafe, since some goof could be tailgating you at 120 Km /Hr when it happens.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I've been using cruise controls religiously since the '60 Imperial I had in high school (42 years ago) and have never encountered one, including on the

2000 and 2006 hondas, that cut off after 60 minutes. They just don't do that intentionally.

There are about 10 pages of trouble shooting and tests for the cruise control in both the 2000 and 2006 FSMs. I would first check for loose electrical connectors, then get hold of the repair manual for this car to find out what to do

E Meyer

I am near 400,000Km.

Reply to
highkm

After it disengages, if I set it again it disengages after a minute. If I leave it alone for about 15 minutes and set the cruise, it lasts longer maybe 10 minutes or more. Maybe it cooled off a bit. Don't know.

Reply to
highkm

---------------------------

Wow, It doesn't owe you anything, I guess. Your cable is probably way out of adjustment. Mine was at only 250,000 Km. The adjuster at the vacuum unit needs to be cranked out, making the sheath longer (cable shorter), so get out your 12 mm open end wrench. Mine was about 3/8" out, maybe a 1/2.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

On 2/15/2008 1:14 PM highkm spake these words of knowledge:

I have a 2003 Accord - and the Helm manual - and I have to replace the cruise control switch in the steering wheel. I'm talking about the switch that turns the cruise control function on and off. If I hold that button down, my CC light stays on, and I can set the cruise control. If I just press the button (but don't hold it down), the light flashes quickly on and then back off, and the cruise control does not work. So it's that switch.

I hope to get a weekend with a little down time to look into it; if I do so soon, I'll be glad to share any information I may glean.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

ok, a heat-induced fault sounds plausible.

Reply to
jim beam