2003 Pilot Transmission Failure

I have a 2003 Pilot EX-L with 86,000 miles sitting in a transmission shop while American Honda decides if the are going to replace it or not. So I
have a few question:
1. Does the Pilot have the same tranny as the Odyssey? 2. What is the inspection process for the tranny safety recall? 3. How many miles do you have to be under for the tranny recall to matter? 4. If the tranny recall is not performed what problems will it cause?
I would great appreciate if anyone can provide any insight
Tekilaguy wrote:

-----------------------------
Number 4. Are you saying they sent you a tranny recall but you didn't get it done?
'Curly'
Automatic transmission's have always been Honda's biggest problem.

No, I just want to know what problem the recall is preventing

Recall reading a post by a Pilot owner who had to replace his transmission around 100k. No reason was given. It would be interesting to know as the 03 models get up in age if the failure point is around your mileage or so. We have 46k on ours with recall performed and no problems yet. Thinking that trade time may be around 75-80k as transmission replacement has to be around $4,000.
I assume the Acura 2000 TL tranny is similar. Just had mine replaced at 87,000 mi

I just took my 2003 Pilot in today with massive slipping problems with the transmission. I have 62,000 miles and the recall/retrofit was performed some time ago. The dealership has performed all prior maintenance and has all service records to the vehicle. I will find out tomorrow if Honda will assist in replacing my transmission. Did you have any luck getting a replacement from Honda?
Tekilaguy schrieb:

Mine went bad at 83,000 miles. I took it in on Mon. got it back today Honda took care of everything. But when my Pilot was still under warranty they had to work on my trans twice during that time period for a leaky trans.

problems during the warranty period. Doubt Honda would routinely replace a transmission otherwise.