2008 honda civic coupe

My daughter bumped into a light pole setting off the airbag. now the seatbelts wont retract or extend. we had a new airbag installed at the dealership and now they want another 1000.00 to put in a new
seatbelt. anyone have any ideas.The seat belt was not even being worn at the time so replacing it seems like a waste
Thread archive:
wjaberle wrote:

is about to be on its third set. They retract slow, but still lock up when I slam on the brakes.

if she's not going to WEAR the seatbelt,then she shouldn't worry about replacing it....
they don't do any good if you aren't wearing them.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Isnt insurance covering you. She wasnt wearing the belt! she shouldnt be driving.
Anytime a airbag deploys on a 1998 up Civic you have to replace the deployed bag, sealt belts and buckles and the SRS unit located in the front of the console. It will have yellow connectors.

David wrote:

addition to having to repair the car. I guess I can count my lucky stars that my insurance company totaled out my 2007 Accord in December after I got hit head on by someone making a left turn in front of me. With the body/frame damage alone, they estimated over $18,000 was needed to fix the car. Then there was an issue with the engine/transmission/electrical stuff that they really didn't want to get into.